Friday, May 19, 2006

Rocky Mountain Low

I've been paying attention to the TV Upfronts just to see what is coming in the next season. In particular, was curious what the new fledgling network, the CW was going to show. I was very happy to see that Tuesday night is an estrogen-fest with Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars. Larry Jr was glad that Smallville was back, and Laurita was even more so to see Supernatural on the schedule. (Of course it is on a death time slot competing with the moved Grey's Anatomy and CSI, plus the new Aaron Sorkin faux-SNL backstage series.)

Anyway, what really chapped our family's collective behind was the CW's decision to change it's mind and bring back the insipid 7th Heaven, after it had it's friggin' series finale. That decision signed the death warrant for one of the few shows we enjoyed as a family viewing experience. I am talking about Everwood.

I'll spare the details on Everwood. If you have not seen the show, you won't be sad to see it gone. It's been on for four seasons, and moved around quite a bit. It's a good show. The acting is top notch. The characters are people you care about. In a rarity for a show, characters would make stupid decisions that actually would have lasting affects through the series. Sympathies could change. Situations were never very soapy, or stupid. Episodes culd make you laugh, or tear-up, sometimes in minutes from each other. Everwood could be very cathartic.

Anyway, Everwood is gone. The series final airs Monday. I'll be watching it the next day on DVR since I work that night. I'm sure I'll smile and I am sure that will cry. I am also sure that I will be removing the timer from my DVR way too soon.

Note: Invasion is also gone. No more Sheriff Tom. Heavy sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »