Tuesday, October 24, 2006

One Degree of Separation with "Grey's Anatomy"

Kate Walsh as Lana Powers in Club DeadOne of The Wife and my favorite shows is Grey's Anatomy. We didn't catch the very first episodes, but have been faithful ever since. We've laughed at Sandra Oh's sarcasm, and gasped when Kyle Chandler exploded. The one thing that has been driving me a bit crazy is Doctor Addison Montgomery (no longer) Shepard, played by Kate Walsh. Everytime I see her, I had nagging feeling. I find her attractive and see her slight resemblance to Catherine Denueuve. I could not shake this subliminal feeling about her. So what does one do when one is curious about someone. They go to, as our Fearlesss Leader GWB calls it, The Google. Google led me to IMDB.com and pointed me to the answer. Sitting at the bottom of the page, in her filmography, was the connection. Over ten years ago, I worked for Viacom New Media as a Game Designer. I wrote adventure games using that new fangled technology; full motion video. One of the games I designed was called "Club Dead." In the game, you followed a cyber-plumber named Sam Frost who wakes up in a bathroom next to a dead Tooth Fairy. Sam is stuck in the Alexandria, a rich CyberResort where guests enjoy virtual reality. The game was filmed in a Chicago studio. I was on the set for most of the shoot. Well, as it turns out, one of the characters in the game, the femme fatale, Lana Powers, was played by a young actress from the Piven Acting School. Yes, it was obvious that the young actress is the aforementioned Kate Walsh. I knew her when. Now I can get over my obsession and get on with my life.

No comments: