Tuesday, March 28, 2006

TV Headache #1 - Tell Me Why I Don't Like Mondays.

Here in the Buchanan household, we likes our TV. We likes it fine. We got a Dish; a Dish Network dish. It has one of those boxes where you can control two different tv's in the house. It also has a hard drive, which can store 100 hours of programming. Let me tell you, that hard drive gets used...alot. I do think it's because that like Entertainment Weekly says, we are in a Golden Age of Television. There are so many quality shows, you really can't go wrong any day of the week. We don't want to miss anything.

That's why I am so mad at Monday's.

Ok. Here's the deal. Starting this week, the WB has brought back a Treat, with the return of Everwood. I think it's one of the best shows on the tube. It started out kinda quaint, but it has improved over the years. All the actors shine on it. (Everyone in the Buchanan family likes Everwood: The Wife, Lawrence Jr, and Laurita.) It is a show where you can laugh and cry in a hour, usually within in minutes of each other. Good stuff. So the hard drive stores it in TV#1. Meanwhile, in stark contrast on Fox, is "T-Bag Time" and the "Jack Bauer Power Hour" (Prison Break and 24) Those are can't miss, and fall on to TV#2 on the drive.

Now...here is the thing. I don't watch reality shows. I don't care for them. I find them irratating and self-serving. American Idol, The Amazing Race, Surivivor...and whatever, I can do without. So can The Wife. She faces enough reality trying to sell insurance to trailer-park people. So who needs'em

Except.

For some unknown, ungodly reason, The Wife and I are fans of The Apprentice. We started watching it while waiting for E.R. one night, and we've never let go. We've seen the triumphs of Bill, Kelly, Kendra, and Randal (That Rat B...well never mind.) We watch Caroline and George bow to "The Donald." We marvelled at how "The Donald" can think any product is "just great," all so that it's parent company can be used for some lame sales-marketing task. It amazes the both of us how these supposed business brains can make the stupidest mistakes.

Now here's the thing. The Wife is working late, so we really can't watch anything. One part of the hard drive is taping two hours of "non-stop" suspense. The other is taping two hours of heartbreak and joy. Where does "The Donald" go?

Nowhere it seems. We are Donald-less. Next week, the same problem.

Oh great. I forgot about the VCR. I could of taped it.

Oh well. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere.

No comments: