Friday, April 14, 2006

Blue Flu

While sitting at my desk, trying to get some semblance of work done, The Wife called. She was hanging out at Peaberry's with Laurita and my mon-in-law. Anyway, The Wife called and asked if I knew the name of the "Sleeping Smurf." I drew a blank. I rushed to Google and Wikipedia, but it ended up that she figured out the answer herself. (Lazy Smurf)

I realized that I know a lot of geeky things. I have a ton of junk information in my head. That area could be used to come up with a cure for cancer or something. Instead I can name members of the "Legion of Super-Heroes." I discovered that I do have a deficiency. I know nothing about the Smurfs. I never watched them. I know they are blue and that there is some wizard called Gargamel. Otherwise, nothing. So if I ever get on Jeopardy, you know I'll never pick the Smurf category.

No comments: